Re: CUPS

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 8:43 PM, Jeroen Op 't Eynde <jeroen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 08:43:03 +0100, Weiwei Wang <ww.wang.cs@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

 I read the wiki guide and do as what is told. However, I always
receive this messge:
Connection failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

DeviceURI smb://elegate:jessica@172.16.65.79/print$/

And I checked that the printer in the windows system is share with the
name
hpLaserJ, however when I connect it with smbclient //
172.16.65.79/hpLaserJ,
i receive NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Use smbtree to view your shares so you get a proper address.

'smbtree -N' to see if you can access it without password.
'smbrree --user=USERNAME' to use your preferred username

 cups and samba are both definitely running.

You don't need to run smbd too access the shares, at least I don't have
too.