Re: [arch-dev-public] Packaging Chromium for [extra]

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Ionut Biru <ibiru@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12/09/2009 02:47 PM, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> I did have a closer look at chromium recently and it did improve a lot.
>> Even
>> though it's called "beta" it is really usable and feature complete.
>>
>> There is quite a high demand for it (the binary version in AUR has neraly
>> 800
>> votes). I would like to make a peoper package for it and provide that in
>> our
>> repo.
>>
>> The AUR packages are either svn trunk builds or repackaged ubuntu debs
>> with
>> ugly symlinks to libs with other so names.
>>
>> My idea is to build a tar out of their svn tag and build a clean package
>> with
>> that.
>>
>> What do you think? (it's about chromium btw. and not Chrome which is
>> Google's
>> build with some "extras")
>>

> i don't have any objections about having a chromium package in our repos.

Replying to Arch General since I don't have permission to post on
Arch-Dev-Public.

I guess this article may be useful: http://lwn.net/Articles/364528/rss
It's  about some thoughts of a Fedora Packager trying to package Chromium.

--
Flávio Coutinho da Costa