Re: [arch-dev-public] kernel 2.6.32-1

Emmanuel Benisty wrote:
On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 2:28 AM, Xavier <shiningxc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Emmanuel Benisty <benisty.e@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Allan McRae <allan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thomas Bächler wrote:
Allan McRae schrieb:
That works for me.  I initially thought it was strange that it came on
but now I see why.  extreme-tuxracer is giving me (>50%) more FPS with this
update.
Intel DRM has been improved, I noticed that too - probably due to
framebuffer compression.

KMS is enabled by default because the next intel driver version will
require it to work.
With KMS on, my screen flickers every 20sec or so.  Tried with no xorg.conf
and the same thing.  I even got some sort of yellow/orange screen of death.
 I did not use KMS with 2.6.31 so this may not be kernel related.  I'll look
into it later but disabling kms from the grub prompt works fine...
It's definitely a kernel regression, I'm having the exact same issue
with .32 only (using KMS since few kernel releases)

Does upstream know about this ? If you have no idea, make sure they know :)

As I had/still have no idea, I've started a thread on LKML earlier
today, which has been CC'd to intel-gfx since.

Can I have a link please?