Re: Segmentation fault in X after last upgrade

Lars Tennstedt schrieb:
Hi,

Xorg with nvidia-96xx for a GeForce 3 Ti 200 does not start anymore on my Arch Linux installation (i686). First I thought that it was a failure caused by SLiM because the error output on screen was "respawning too fast" and I switched from respawn to once but that did not help. Even standalone X does not start. I looked into the log file and there were messages about that freetype and kbd cannot be found. But both are installed. Are these problems connected to each other?

http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2009-October/014167.html

Or better:

I don't know what you think, but I don't get the part where the nvidia dev says they plan to fix it, but he can't promise if and when. So they plan to fix it, but don't really know if they plan to fix it.

So basically, you're screwed unless you plan on buying a GeForce 6 or newer.