Re: [transcode] Updated PKGBUILD

Aaron Griffin wrote:
On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 19:23, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 5:11 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Shouldn't /var/empty be created by filesystem package,
instead of by packages that require it? (like openssh and openntpd)
It is.
It is not:
$ pacman -Ql filesystem | grep empty
$

The problem is these packages "install" it in their tarball, so
when you remove one of them and pacman sees an empty directory left
behind, it thinks it is no longer necessary and removes it.
Yes, I know this, but what I suggest is to fix in in a different way:
installing it as part of filesystem and fix packages to not install it.
Or just install /var/empty/.$pkgname or something silly like that
And then defeat the purpose of having a completely empty directory?

Is it actually required to be completely empty? I thought it was just
assumed to be empty, but that wasn't a requisite

In some, if not all, situations it is required to be completely empty.