Re: PKGBUILD

Aaron Griffin wrote:
On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Baho Utot <baho-utot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Allan McRae wrote:
Not valid. Â Use "makepkg -L" to log the entire build process. Â In the
future, there will be a check() function, so you will then get separate logs
for build(), check() and package().
It would do what I require to log the entire build...

This is not the future, I am still stuck in "current time"

make check is valid.
I don't want to pollute the check log file with the build information.
All I want to pick through is the testing info.
On the example the build and check logs are small, care to look at the check
log for glibc?
Hint it is over 7800 lines just for the check, good luck looking at that
plus the entire build in one file.

Why is this so snarky? makepkg -L was created for exactly this reason.
If the log is large, most editors have a "search" function.

Creating a log in $startdir is just duplicating effort, if you ask me.
makepkg can already do this.
I am very well informed about makepkg ability to generate a log file of the build. I want only the make check 2>&1 | tee "${startdir}/check-log" file, I don't need or want a log from the build.
I need the file to be written to the dir with the PKGBUILD.
I process the check-log to summarize the pass/fail/errors.
Then when I awake in the morning I can see which of the packages built correctly and which ones need more help.