Re: Plasma segmentation faults

Hi,

I deleted .kde4 in my home directory and the problem seems to be gone. I guess I will delete it again when KDE 4.4.0 will come out.

Bye,
Lars

Nicolas Bigaouette wrote:
2009/10/6 Guilherme M. Nogueira <guilherme@xxxxxxxxx>

As for myself, I was using KDEmod before and now I'm just not in
the mood to change from KDEmod to arch KDE. I don't know if there will be
any issues and I wouldnt like then to happen now, as we're in the middle of
the semester and I have a lot of importante stuff to do.

That's my reason =P

--
Guilherme M. Nogueira
- Arthur C. Clarke

When plasma crashed on me (latest kde, intel drivers, kwin effects on, kms
on), it is almost all the time because either:1) I don't have room left on
drive hosting /home/me. It always need me some time to realize this since
the error and consequence (crash) does not report the cause...
2) A badly written plasmoid

It's always a pain to be answered this, but you could try moving your
~/.kde4 and start with a new one. Or if you don't want, create a new user
and login with it. If it works in the new user/config, then its the your
configuration that is the problem, else its the system.