Re: libreadline.so issues

bardo schrieb:
2009/7/14 Vincent Van Houtte <vvh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I had the same problem after installing firefox without updating the whole
system. Only core, extra, community in use - no testing...

Your mirror probably synced while the move was in progress, this is
called bad luck ;) Anyway, selective upgrades are known to break the
system, and this has been underlined recently, specifically related to
this move.

This is a different problem. Bash 3 only had "readline" as a dependency, now the new readline package fulfills that. Now another package had "readline>=6" as a dependency, readline 6 was pulled, but pacman thought that bash 3 was okay (as it only has a "readline" dep).

Solutions for this are not that easy, we might make packages provide certain sonames and make other packages depend on those, but this will only solve the problem for new packages.