Re: namcap.log in clean chroot

Aaron Griffin wrote:
On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Baho Utot<baho-utot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 11:07 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
Baho Utot wrote:
On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 10:27 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:

Baho Utot wrote:

I have install namcap to my clean chroot and it gives me this error:

Error: Problem reading *.pkg.tar.gz
usage: /usr/bin/namcap [-r rulelist | --rules=rulelist] [-i | --info]
package ..
       -r list    : returns list of available rules
       -i         : prints information responses from rules

Is there anything extra I need to do to get namcap working in clean
chroot?

It is running but not finding any packages in the directory it is
looking at...

Allan

Why not? I am using the arch devtools scripts and it is called from
there.  I am not calling it I think the makechrootpkg is calling it but
I don't know for sure as I have not looked at the script

The namcap.log file is in /home/Chroot/rw/pkgdest sub directory.

I am using sudo makechroot -c -r /home/Chroot -u -- --noconfirm to run
the clean chroot build.

Should it not find the package?

Well, you seem to be using the unreleased devtools from git so it could
be broken.  I do not like having namcap (and hence python) in a "clean"
chroot so have never tested.

Allan

Yes I am using a git version, unionfs didn't work on my clean install
and some one here gave me a url to the git version to work with aufs2

Does the unionfs work on a new install?

I had trouble building in a clean chroot on my new install, it kept
failing because unionfs was nissing.

Unionfs isn't supported by Arch anymore. So no.

And it's totally possible that the namcap call is broken in git, as I
haven't poked at it for some time. I'd suggest just removing the
namcap line for now, or simply ignoring the error.

I imagine the error is caused by the build failing. I should add a
check to make sure the build succeeded before calling namcap.
I am ignoring the error/issue now, Just wanted to know it it worked or was a work in progress.

Thanks