Re: Openbox - great lightweight desktop, similar to icewm, but better in several regards

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 23:46:55 +0100
Damian <rustyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:02:39 -0400
> Andrei Thorp <garoth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Yeah, I think the big thing about using a tiling window manager is
> > that it works best if you have a lot of terminals -- though
> > reasonable ones (Awesome included) have a floating mode with
> > regular windows with titlebars that is a lot like typical window
> > managers.
> >
> > And yeah, shame but:
> >  - Wmii isn't really developed any longer, which is too bad because
> > people really loved it.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > -AT
> >

> Alot of people think this which a shame tbh, wmii is still being
> maintained quite religiously. Have a look at google code
> http://code.google.com/p/wmii/updates/list to see latest updates.
> It's a superb twm, great sane defaults but slightly lacking in
> documentation of any real depth, although a new wiki is being worked
> on.

In fact, Kris Maglione is preparing a new wmii release and he has been
spending a lot of effort in writing a new user guide.  I've proof read
it (see suckless ML, and wmii source repo) and it's looking good.
"Not developed any longer" is just plain nonsense.

Dieter