Re: Building in clean chroot

Baho Utot schrieb:
I keep getting these errors when building packages from extra
Is there a way to "turn off" this or do I have to manually do this every
time it rears its ugly head?

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] checking package integrity...
checking for file conflicts...
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
error: could not prepare transaction
/usr/share/info/dir exists in both 'libksba' and 'libassuan'
libksba: /usr/share/info/dir exists in filesystem
libassuan: /usr/share/info/dir exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

These probably have not been rebuilt since the !docs default in makepkg was removed. You need to remove that file and update it in the post_upgrade, look at some core packages, they even do that without a hard dependency on install-info (example from coreutils, look at the full file in your /var/lib/pacman/local directory):

infodir=/usr/share/info
filelist=(coreutils.info)

post_install() {
 [ -x usr/bin/install-info ] || return 0
 for file in ${filelist[@]}; do
    usr/bin/install-info $infodir/$file $infodir/dir 2> /dev/null
 done
}

If install-info is missing, the dir file will be generated as soon as it is being installed (processing all installed info-pages). If install-info is installed, the above code snippet will only process the newly installed info files.

You can adjust the PKGBUILDs/install files in question and send a patch here, we can apply that to trunk and when they are rebuilt the next time, info pages will work.