Re: SRCDEST="/path/to/folder"

Allan McRae wrote:
Baho Utot wrote:
I am Building in a clean chroot according to the wiki

The Chroot sub-directory is /home/Chroot/root

I have set SRCDEST="/sources" in the makepkg in /home/Chroot/root/etc
and then
mkdir /home/Chroot/root/sources chmod 777 /home/Chroot/root/sources

Is this correct to get makepkg to store the sources in that
sub-directory?

It presently doesn't work for me or I did something wrong.

Can anyone help?

As far as makepkg goes, it should store the sources in /sources. But my guess is makechrootpkg is moving the source files from there to the directory you launched it from. Have not actually looked at this though.

Or an even better explanation (which also could be wrong), it puts them in the rw portion of the union filesystem and that gets cleared.

I think the message to take from this is that this setup will probably not work...

Allan