Re: Network Shutdown Prior to umount on cifs mounts hangs shutdown

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. wrote:
Listmates,

I am experiencing a hang on shutdown with Arch every time I don't manually unmount any samba/cifs shares before shutting down. This is due to the shutdown sequence killing my network connection before unmounting the samba shares. This basicly leaves all samba shares mounted and [Busy] which frustrates the unmount filesystems call late in the shutdown sequence.

Is there any way to move the network shutdown until after samba shares are unmounted in the shutdown sequence. Or conversely, move or add a samba/cifs shares unmount to the sequence at a time before the network shuts down?

add netfs to daemon list.

--
Ionut