Re: kde dark themes

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. wrote:
kdeusers,

If you haven't tried a dark theme for your kde desktop yet, you are missing out on some really cool looks. I toyed with dark themes over the years, but never really found one that worked. After being inspired to try again by senior Rosenstrauch posted one to the list, I took another look and came up with something I really like.

It consists of color-themes for kde, emerald, and kate/kwrite. Other than that you just need to change the foreground color for konqueror and any of your web browsers, etc. I'll just post the links to the themes since you can't post it all here. Give it a shot, I bet you will like it.

    Small screenshots of the desktop theme and kicker background:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/kde/screenshots/kde-dark-theme.jpg

Looks cool!  Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, dark themes rock. They're very cool and funky looking - not to mention easy on the eyes when you're working.

Glad I was able to help you come up with a cool one!

FWIW, BTW, the theme I shared originally started out as a theme I grabbed from off of kde-looks. But it's undergone numerous incarnations over the years since then as I've tweaked it to where it is now.

DR