Re: /etc/fstab :no ext. hdd

Hi,

On arch, such things as adding external drives to fstab are left up to the user :)

Just add a line for it.

/dev/sdb1 /media/externalhd ext3 user 0 0

Of course, change for the actual device name, filesystem, and desired mount point. You may also need to change the mount options, but that line works for my for my external he on my server.

As for the multiple cdrom entries, the second cdrom is actually your DVD drive. (or vice-versa) I believe my laptop with an all in one drive has two entries in fstab aswell.