Re: Error with makepkg installing dependency

Xavier wrote:
On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Baho Utot <baho-utot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dan McGee wrote:
On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Baho Utot <baho-utot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

stefan-husmann@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

-----Original Message-----

Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:23:28 +0100
Subject: [arch-general] Error with makepkg installing dependency
From: Baho Utot <baho-utot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: General Discusson about Arch Linux <arch-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

When compiling packages using makeworld or my custom script I am
getting a number of failures like this:

/usr/info/dir exists in both 'glib' and 'gtk'

What causes this?

Is there a way to fix this without forcing this packages?

or better still is there a fix?

Thanks

Hello,

no package should provide that file. As a workaround ,simply remove it
in the PKGBUILD. Proper info file handling is demonstrated in the file
proto-info.install uder /usr/share/pacman.

Also, info files should be installed under /usr/share/info, not
/usr/info.
Regards Stefan

I didn't make the PKGBUILD files.

I should not have to remove anything from the PKGBUILD files that are in
extra.
They should just build with makepkg.

Are you saying the arch developers don't know what they are doing?

But you did build them differently. Arch developers are slowly
building info docs into packages, and you attempted to enable them
without adding the required lines to delete that file.

-Dan

One of us is confused....

here is what I did

abs

rsync -var /var/abs/extra ~/

makeworld --clean --log --noconfirm --syncdeps --rmdeps
/home/packages/testing .

the error I originally posted came from the log file

Can you point out where I changed the build file/process? or attempted to
enable the info files?

You are obviously confused.

Recently the developers stopped to strip info pages from packages , so
the packages are progressively being rebuilt to support info pages as
they are upgraded.
So the packages having info pages can be in two different states :
1) the PKGBUILD / scriptlets were updated to support info files :
these packages will build fine with the docs option in makepkg.conf
2) the PKGBUILD / scriptlets were not yet updated : these packages
will build fine with !docs

Since you are using docs, you will have problems with 2). A possible
workaround is to add rm -f usr/info usr/share/info in tidy_install
function of makepkg.
If you were using !docs, you would have problems with 1). A possible
workaround is to add info to DOC_DIRS in makepkg :
DOC_DIRS=(usr/{,share/}{info,doc,gtk-doc} opt/*/{info,doc,gtk-doc})

The next pacman/makepkg 3.3 release will contain these two fixes.
Oh Ok,

The tools are in a broken state until pacman 3.3

Thanks for clearing that up.