Re: arch release schedule

Tobias Powalowski wrote:
Am Donnerstag 11 Dezember 2008 schrieb Grigorios Bouzakis:
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Christopher Daley <crdaley@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I know there are new archboot isos up for testing on the mirrors.  Maybe
you could work on getting AIF integrated with that?

ftp://locke.suu.edu/linux/dist/archlinux/iso/archboot/2008.12/
I would say no since this is not the official installation ISO. Its
just tpowa's project.
Archlinux in the 2.5 years i have been using it never had a release
schedule. It will be ready when its ready. AFAIK only phrakture is working
on it.

Greg
It doesn't include it yet, because the focus on those files was to eleminate bugs reported from 10.2008 archboot files and to push out a new archboot tarball, with the overworked build scripts.

greetings
tpowa
Aif doesn't help that goal indeed, but it doesn't conflict with it either (there's a package in aur which installs alongside the other installer and doesn't conflict with it)

The real reason is probably that you want to have a good look at the code before integrating it, which is a reason I can sympathize with.

Dieter