Re: anyone had problems with archlinux-2008.06-ftp-i686.iso?

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
I wonder whether we should have those packages on the CD by default. It is
especially difficult for a blind person to use a computer, and we force you
to remaster the image yourself before you can use it. Worth a thought.

I agree. At the very least, we can offer an alternate "accessibility"
version which would have tools like this for blind users and the like.

Chris, what software do you need, or think others may need, when it
comes to things like this?

We could simply add an extra squashfs overlay to the ISO. Do we have support for selecting or deselecting squashfs overlays on the boot prompt? Can a blind person even read the boot prompt (I think not, but then I don't know what possibilities there are).