Re: rotate pacman log?

Daenyth Blank wrote:
Even then I think the current behavior is fine. I think providing a
logrotate script might be fine, but rather than having it rotate by
time, is there a way that it can rotate by size? For example: when
sizeof(pacman.log) >= $N mb; rotate.

You can rotate based on size.  The rotate script for slim does that.

And never delete the old ones.

Well, it'd be pointless to rotate the logs if the old ones would never get deleted.

Keep in mind, by the way, that users would always have the option of *changing* their log rotate script if they wanted the log to never rotate/purge.

In any case, if the behavior IS changed, there should definitely be a
post_upgrade message and a news item about it. Not everyone follows
the mailing lists, and they should still be alerted when previous
behavior is changed.

Definitely agreed.

DR