Re: ? regarding latest Dont Panic updates, and KDE4

Daenyth Blank wrote:
The KDEmod repo is a possibility.  A couple of things give me pause about
using it though:  1) it's not really "stock" KDE packages; they're split
into modules; they're heavily patched; etc., and

Just to clarify, KDEmod uses only 2 patches:
- The background of the splash screen, it says "KDEmod 4.1" rather
than "KDE 4.1"
- There is a KDEmod label in the KDE about dialogs

http://kdemod.ath.cx/bbs/viewtopic.php?pid=5300#p5300

2) what I'd really like to
do is be able to run KDE3 and 4 side-by-side, which I don't believe KDEmod
will let me do.

It looks like they are planning to do this.
http://kdemod.ath.cx/bbs/viewtopic.php?pid=5295#p5295

Thanks much for the info. I was not aware about the minimal patching. Good to know.

In another part of their site, though, they mention that they're planning to focus on KDE4 going forward, and though they want to support KDE3 going forward, they're looking for someone else take that on. So I wasn't sure if this is something that was likely to happen. I think I'll get in touch with them about this, though, and see if maybe we can join forces.

Thanks again,

DR