Re: Dropping ipw3945 from core

Xavier wrote:
Hey, we know the wireless led doesn't work, it has always been said so! There is no need to repeat 10 times. And I personally couldn't even notice it, I don't see what's so critical about it. You find out whether the net is working or not the second you try to access something. And when it doesn't work and you have doubts, a simple iwconfig usually helps.

well, this was the second 'led doesn't work'-post in this thread. don't see the issue. furthermore i tried iwl first time today - sorry for not searching the hole net if someone else mentioned the non working led before ;) please don't take it personal, that i would like to have my hardware working the way it's supposed to..didn't know i have explain myself cause i would like to have a working led insetad of using iwconfig or whatever. there is always a workaround..

PS: this mail isn't aimed at you in particular, I just wanted the "led doesn't work" messages to stop :)

well.. ok. but i think there is nothing bad in just telling about the differences when changing from ipw to iwl. this was the initial intention of this thread i guess.

anyhow there was a second question (about kismet), maybe this gives my post a right to exist?

kr
	Michael