Re: Newbie Build xine-lib-1.1.10-1

JaDa wrote:
Here is my first Archlinux Package Build for i686

xine-lib-1.1.10-1
http://files.myopera.com/Jada0007/arch/xine-lib-1.1.10-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz

well I think it is not perfect but someone can check it out too.

Then how will be my tutor for the next few weeks? Teaching me a little how to build and work for Archlinux.

Hi JaDa,

They way to get packages reviewed is to post the PKGBUILD. No-one here is going to install a binary blob from a non-trusted source (hopefully...). For all we know you have a "rm -rf /home/*" type statement in the .install script. It is also hard to know how to improve your packaging if we don't see you methods.

If you want to learn how to package software, take a look at PKGBUILDs from the official repositories (read up on ABS in the wiki) and use them as a basis for yours. There is an official (outdated) xine-lib package which you can use as a starting point.

Allan