Re: limit lower size for mod_deflate

Hi Steve,

> Hi,
>

> Iâve searched the archives and I can see that this was a request a
> few years ago, is there way of achieving this on 2.2?
>

> Iâm using deflate to compress the data on ActiveSync connections,
> most of the time on the small packets there is negative compression
> so I want to avoid compressing these, however there are gains on the
> larger packets.
>

> I donât think there is a way of setting an environment variable based
> on the content-length is there?

2.3/2.4 has ap_expr which *could* be used for this purpose

FilterDeclare gzip CONTENT_SET
FilterProvider gzip inflate "%{CONTENT_LENGTH} <= 1024"
FilterChain gzip

However there *is* *no* such variable as CONTENT_LENGTH..

> Regards
>

> The information contained in this email is intended for the personal
> and confidential use
> of the addressee only. It may also be privileged information. If you
> are not the intended
> recipient then you are hereby notified that you have received this
> document in error and
> that any review, distribution or copying of this document is strictly
> prohibited. If you have
> received this communication in error, please notify Brendata
> immediately on:
>
> +44 (0)1268 466100, or email 'technical@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

You're posting on a publicly archived mailing list, which is world-wide
mirrored.

--
Igor GaliÄ

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883