Re: Installing httpd-2.2.15 with mod_ssl to use SSL Certificate files

Thanks Mark.

Our goal is to build a proxy server to host it outside the DMZ and redirect https traffic to our internal application web server. So we need to understand what are all the tasks that needs to be done.

- What operating system or OS distribution are you running?  What version?
Apache Details:
Server version: Apache/2.2.15 (Unix)
Server built:   Jun  6 2011 16:10:26
OS Version: Linux 2.6.32-100.28.11.el6.x86_64

- Are you compiling Apache HTTP Server from source, or are you using a package built for you by someone else?  If a package built for you by someone else, what package and version?
httpd-2.2.15.tar

- Will you be using a commercial SSL certificate, a self-signed SSL certificate, or do you need to set up your own Certification Authority?  (If you don't know the differences, or how to decide, please ask.)
We shall be using Verisign

- Do you already have Apache HTTP Server installed and functioning correctly for non-SSL protected (HTTP) content?  If not, get this working first before trying to get SSL protected content (HTTPS) working.
Configured port 8008 in httpd.conf and I am able to start httpd process and access the http://servername.domainname:8008 from Internet Browser internally