Re: publishing a content across two network

On 06/02/2011 01:00 PM, Ravi Chandran wrote:
K, first of all I don't understand the meaning of "Top Post". Can you specify in layman's term?

It means post your replies either at the bottom of the previous message, or in-line, below the section you are replying to. Also, please attribute your responses, as this makes it easier for people to correlate the messages.

second, the focus of this question is only for one Apache installation, as the other one is working fine, so we don't even need to bother about it..

Then why did you mention it ?

thirdly, "Same thing" means, seeing the content published on the other system from my browser.... and apache is working perfectly, as I am able to see the content on my system... no errors shown anywhere...

What "other system" ? A client computer with a browser ? Another server ?

fourthly, timeout issue is because the content is not reachable, that is what i wanted to know why its not reachable, only for one system.

And we should guess ?
What does the error log say. 2x.

fifthly, "directional" was in logical sense. content of system 1 accessible on system 2, but not vice versa. agreed that systems are purely unrelated to each other. But how will you explain me getting the data from other system and they not able to do so?

I'm not going to try.
You may have network issues, or access controls in place, or firewall rules, or broken software.

Too many possible reasons - you need to narrow them down.

--
J.