RE: Apache2.2 issue

Hi,

My replies in line below

From: shalini jonnadula [mailto:vasantha.shalini@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:10 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Apache2.2 issue

Hi,

Recently i have upgraded Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.2 on my Solaris box.
version 2.2 is working fine but i have problem of "Proxy Error and it is giving the reason as Reason: DNS lookup failure for: xyz.com"

Here is my problem senario. Apache is running on server with Apache 1.3
From solaris client i was able to connect to server with www.xyz.com,
here client side i didn't setup either NIS/DNS setup to resolve
xyz.com, but only server entry in /etc/hosts file.
with/without ssl it is working fine.

But when i upgraded to apache2.2
there is no change in client. http://www.xyz.com in working fine but
https://www.xyz.com (SSL) is not resolving the server IP.

Ashwin says

Is the hit recorded in httpd access log? Do tail –f /path/to/accessLog and see if hits are coming to the httpd server and what is the server response. Try running wireshark to see what is happening on the network when SSL handshake happens. These are basic troubleshooting steps, so might sound silly, but some seemingly difficult problem are often such silly problem over seen .Is it listening on the right port and right ip address?

HTH

--ashwin