Re: Help to identify the files in the source code

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 10:19 AM, siraj p s <sirajerna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you Eric ...We were able to successfully implement our idea..Can this idea be utilised for preventing ipv4 address exhaustion?

No.
I hate to be so blunt about it, but a standard httpd installation will run an (virtually) unlimited number of sites from a single server (including SSL using SNI).
As Eric mentioned, (unless there is something REALLY innovative, which I don't see in your original email) Apache already has what you are trying to do (frontend proxy to arbitrary backend servers) built in (mod_rewrite and the proxy flag).
The reasons that a server might need more than one IP address:
- SSL compatibility with older browsers that don't support SNI.
- Other services that do not support virtual hosts (but that does not belong on the httpd users list).