RE: Apache DBD Sqlite3 - failed to prepare SQL statements: not an error

> > I am having trouble trying to get apache to use a sqlite3 database
> for authentication using dbd.  I get the following in my error log:
> >
> > [Wed Apr 27 13:48:07 2011] [error] (20014)Internal error: DBD: failed
> to prepare SQL statements: not an error
> > [Wed Apr 27 13:48:07 2011] [error] [client x.x.x.x] Error looking up
> someuser in database
>
> Ouch!  That error message smells of bug.
>
> > My configurations looks like this:
>
> Is DBDPersist Off something you just tried when it didn't work?
> I'm guessing you mean to turn it on in production.
>
> Just as an experiment, what happens if you use DBDMin 0 ?

Correct, the DBDPersist Off is just for testing as I wanted to rule out any problems with database locking being the issue.

DBDMin had no effect.

> > I've tried attaching httpd to gdb but I'm unused to performing
> troubleshooting at that level and can only confirm by setting a
> breakpoint at apr_dbd_prepare that the file database file is open at
> the time:
>
> It would be good if you could step through that.
> Do you know anyone who is comfortable in gdb and could make
> a five-minute job of it?

I can try and stumble my way through it, was hoping this was just some small mistake as I've already wasted so much time trying to get it to work.

> > I am close to scratching using sqlite3 and switching to postgresql
> but I wanted to avoid complicating the setup.
>
> postgresql is great, but could be considered overkill for simple
> authentication.  And you certainly shouldn't have to change.

My thoughts exactly.