Re: Disabling client initiated renegotiation

Nothing wrong with re-negotiation if used for what it was intended. Now, since a server cannot limit how many of these a client can request, this leaves the doors open to abuse (DoS --not to be confused with DDoS).

To me, disabling it would be as good as limiting how many times a client can request renegotiation.

There are actual attacks taking advantage of it, and security vendors (IDS/IPS) are already working on ways to detect these. However, vendors are falling behind when it comes to providing a good solution that can allow system administrators to limit user's trying to take advantage of this.

If you are serious about this and want to provide a solution to disable re-negotiation altogether, I would share more info on how this is being exploited.

Chris.