Re: Apache is too slow with SSL

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Ishita Kapadiya <ishimegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> both ab and JMETER is using keep alive.

keepalive and reusing SSL sessions isn't the same thing

reusing the SSL session (avoiding the expensive part of the handshake)
deals with what happens when the client opens a subsequent TCP
connection (after sending however many keepalive requests on a prior
connection)

> I am using SSL session cache
> in the config as -
> SSLSessionCache        "shmcb:/path to logs/ssl_scache(512000)"
>
>> Even if so, it is worth using mod_ssl tracing to confirm that the
>> combination of client/server behavior results in a reasonably high
>> session cache utilization.
>
> Please let me know how can i trace mod_ssl to confirm session cache utilization.

with LogLevel debug, look for messages like

Inter-Process Session Cache: request=GET status=XXX

XXX will indicate whether or not the session was found in the cache