Re: mod_apache_snmp

thnx ben.  going to dig into it now, looks like something i can use.

From: Ben Timby <btimby@xxxxxxxxx>
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Peter Janovsky <peterjanovsky@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:54 PM
Subject: Re: mod_apache_snmp

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Peter Janovsky <peterjanovsky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> is anyone using mod_apache_snmp?  i notice there hasn't been active
> development since 2006.  i'm interested in determining the total number of
> bytes currently served at a given moment?  is mod_apache_snmp the way to go,
> if not which direction should i look in?  thnx for the help

Peter, another option might be mod_status. This allows apache to dump
a bunch of stats (including bytes served) at a configured URL. I use
this in combination with a shell script and Cacti to graph these
metrics.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_status.html

Cacti handles this automatically, but if you want to know how many
bytes are served during an interval, your script can store the
previous value and subtract it from current to get bytes served since
last poll.