Re: Which domain causing slowness.

On March 15, 2011 12:38 , vishesh kumar <linuxtovishesh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a number of domain using different named virtual host. I want to know which virtual host is causing delay on my apache web server. I am suing apache 2 on centos 5.5?

Use the LogFormat directive to add the request processing time in microseconds (%D) to each access log entry.  You may also find the %v option helpful in order to log the name of the virtual host.  Be careful to not cause problems for any program that reads your web server access logs -- such as awstats -- when you do this.  After restarting httpd, you'll be able to see how long each request actually took to process; if there is a certain page that is taking a very long time, it should stand out from the others.

For more information about the LogFormat directive, see the documentation:  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats

Also, if you give us more information about the problem you are having, we may be able to give you better suggestions.   What sort of delay are you seeing?  How long is the delay?  Is it with some requests or all requests?  Are you serving only static HTML pages, or are you using some sort of dynamic content?  If dynamic content, what kinds?
--
  Mark Montague
  mark@xxxxxxxxxxx