Re: Load balancing proxy pass and reverse proxy pass

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:59 PM, aparna aryan <aparnapuram@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Our application is running with a apache webserver and 2 instances of
> weblogic server.
>
> localhost1- weblogic
> localhost2 - weblogic
>
> Now we are trying to replace localhost2 with tomcat and do clustering.
>
> The following configuration was with out clustering :
>
> We have the following configuration :
>
> Load balancing for localhost1 was done here.
>
> Â<Proxy balancer://cluster>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ BalancerMember ajp://localhost1:port/xxx route=server_1
> loadfactor=33 retry=60
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ BalancerMember ajp://localhost1:port/xxx route=server_2
> loadfactor=33 retry=60
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ BalancerMember ajp://localhost1:port/xxx route=server_3
> loadfactor=33 retry=60
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ BalancerMember ajp://localhost1:port/xxx route=server_4
> loadfactor=33 retry=60
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ BalancerMember ajp://localhost1:port/xxx route=server_5
> loadfactor=33 retry=60
>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ #load balancing performed based on number of user requests
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ProxySet lbmethod=byrequests
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ # Report server is for Report purpose only so balancing is required
> now.
> ÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂ </Proxy>
>
> requests to localhost2 are forwarded only when user requests for certain
> functionality after logging in to localhost1. i.e..when a user hits the dns,
> the request is forwarded to one of the localhost1s that are clustered and
> from there when the user is trying to access certain pages, The request will
> be redirected to localhost2s via proxy pass settings that are set as
> following :
>
> ÂProxyPass /xxx/xxx//viewGenericReport.jsp
> http://localhost2:xxx/eMatrix/jsp/mars/general/genericReport/viewGenericReport.
> jsp
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ProxyPassReverse
> /eMatrix/jsp/mars/general/genericReport/viewGenericReport.jsp
> http://localhost2:xxx/viewGenericReport.jsp
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ProxyPass
> /eMatrix/jsp/mars/general/genericReport/viewGenericReportnogzip.jsp
> http://localhost2:xxx/eMatrix/jsp/viewGenericReportnogzip.jsp
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ProxyPassReverse
> /eMatrix/jsp/mars/general/genericReport/viewGenericReportnogzip.jsp
> http://localhost2:xxx/viewGenericReportnogzip.jsp
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ProxyPass //hybridReport/ http://localhost2:xxx//hybridReport
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ProxyPassReverse /hybridReport/ http://localhost2:xxx/hybridReport/
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ProxyPass /CRReport.jsp http://localhost2:xxx/CRReport.jsp
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ProxyPassReverse /CRReport.jsp http://localhost2:xxx//CRReport.jsp
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ProxyPass /crProcessForwardReport.jsp
> http://localhost2:xxx/crProcessForwardReport.jsp
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ProxyPassReverse /crProcessForwardReport.jsp
> http://localhost2:xxx/crProcessForwardReport.jsp
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ProxyPass /iaProcessForwardReport.jsp
> http://localhost2:xxx/iaProcessForwardReport.jsp
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ProxyPassReverse /iaProcessForwardReport.jsp
> [...]

You do it exactly the same as you did for localhost1 (awful names btw!).

1) Define a <Proxy balancer://foo> cluster
2) Adjust your ProxyPass rules to refer to this cluster instead of a
named backend.

Eg:

<Proxy balancer://backend2>
</Proxy>

ProxyPass /iaProcessForwardReport.jsp
balancer://backend2/iaProcessForwardReport.jsp

etc

Cheers

Tom