Re: suspicious proxy(?) URLs in logs

haven't got a single reply (yet), so tempting to re-issue my query since I still get such strange logs on my web server, like the following :

59.59.104.62 - - [13/Mar/2011:18:38:24 +0100] "GET http://5566.net/ HTTP/1.1" 200 240 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows 95)"

My web server says that with a HTTP-code "200" it has succesfully fullfilled the requested URL "http://5566.net/" ?!

Citeren Rob De Langhe <rob.de.langhe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

hi,

while going occasionally through the access logs of a 2.2.17 Apache server, I noticed some URLs of remote locations where my server would have made a GET for ?!

an example:

194.0.122.134 - - [10/Mar/2011:02:26:55 +0100] "GET http://www.ebay.com/ HTTP/1.1" 200 240 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows 95)"

So the status code = 200 indicates that the server allowed that URL "http://www.ebay.com"  for the client 194.0.122.134 ...

I suspected that proxy functionality (enabled by default for long, but luckily in this 2.2.17 version it is not enabled by default in the configs), so I checked the loaded modules :

# /usr/apache2/bin/apachectl -t -D DUMP_MODULES | grep -i prox
#

so none.

Which other module or config setting could have as effect that my server accepts such requests ?

rgds
Rob