mod_remoteip + varnish + .htaccess files

Hey guys,
	first of all i dont know exactly where i can send this message (users list or dev list)
	because im suspecting that i need to force a hook order in register hooks, but by now i
	can`t be sure which module is doing this "feature" , the users list will be my first
	guess shot.

	I have a Server running Varnish + Apache 2.2.17 and we created a package for remoteip to
	use in the 2.2.x series, this archicture is doing well but we notice that if we have
	a .htaccess file in some directory and we access that location via browser using this
	content on htaccess

	Order deny, allow
	deny from all
	allow from x.x.x.x

	I did this just to receive a status 403 (expected behaviour), but i noticed that in
	access.log the ip of the request is the same as the server , looks like the remoteip hasnt
	executed at all, if i change the order to:

	Order allow,deny
	allow from all
	deny from x.x.x.x

	When i access the same location i opened the site sucessfully (the normal behaviour because
	of the htaccess) but the ip i see on the access.log is the ip of my client browser (the
	expected one) i suspected that i needed to change the hook order of mod_remoteip forcing
	mod_authz_host.c to run just after it, and didnt worked, i tried to force the execution of
	mod_remoteip including it on the pre run order of register_hooks of mod_authz_host.c but
	without success as well.

	I`m sending this email to know if anyone has more information about which module really has
	the control of the .htaccess file and if i can do anything to solve this issue

Regards,