Re: Question about mod_ldap and the LDAP Cache

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Tim Gustafson <tjg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using mod_ldap to authenticate users on a web site that allows people to manage their accounts, including changing their password and checking various bits, such as quotas and e-mail and so on.
>
> When a user changes their password, I need to figure out some way of invalidating the LDAP cache so that the user is then prompted for their new password, so that the use can continue on the web site and use the other functions that require the user's password (as presented by their web browser to Apache) to match what is now stored in the LDAP server, rather than what is stored in the LDAP cache.
>
> Is there any way to do so, without doing an "apachectl graceful" or equivalent?

I don't think there's currently any way to do this, but it sounds like
a useful feature if you want to open an enhancement request.

I suspect a directive could be added that invalidated the cached stuff
for the currently logged in user, and you'd wrap it in a
Directory/Location container that would trigger when the
passwd-changing URL was accessed