Re: Apache Randomly Dropping POST Data

   We have tested using a remote browser with a user sitting at a
browser to repro the issue (hours of hitting the enter key, holy cow),
and we have also used scripts that make LWP POST requests on the same
netblock, as well as running the LWP POST from localhost - all
versions saw about a 1% occurrence of POST data being dropped at the
Perl/CGI runtime (except for the user testing with browser, which took
about 40-50 thousand reloads to get a repro, no joke). It's obvious
that Apache is consuming the POST data at some point prior to getting
to the Perl/CGI level, but I'm a Perl-head and not an Apache-head, so
I don't know how to debug Apache to find a trace of where it's being
consumed and removed prior to getting to Perl/CGI.
   Our virtualhost configuration is very minimal and simple for a
basic web apps server with some static/SSI content. There's a cgi-bin
and a handful of mod_perl2 handlers, but the scripts having the issues
are the ones in the cgi-bin path and just use plain Perl with CGI
GET/POST parameter parsing. Here's a list of the modules we have
enabled on the server, all of them are default config (from Ubuntu's
stable packages), nothing custom:

/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/alias.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/auth_basic.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authn_file.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authz_default.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authz_groupfile.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authz_host.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authz_user.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/autoindex.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/cgi.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/dir.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/env.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/include.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/mime.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/mod-wsgi.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/negotiation.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/perl.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/rewrite.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/setenvif.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/status.load

   Hopefully that helps give more details and insight as well. I'm
totally at a loss with this issue, but it's really bothering myself
and my users something fierce. =/ I'm hoping not to be forced to move
to nginx, but the lack of support from Apache folks is discouraging
(not to mention the AWFUL documentation for mod_perl2)...