Re: PCRE Syntax or bug? (was "Require group" help required)

On 22/02/2011 08:06, Nick Kew wrote:
On 22 Feb 2011, at 06:55, Lee wrote:

Have I misunderstood the PCRE engine, or is this a bug...?
Thou shalt not mix<Directory>  and<Location>!

(the gory details are explained somewhere in the docs; I'm not
about to look it up).
No, don't look it up, I'll have a poke around. I have done a fair amount of reading recently, but this commandment did not stick in my mind. I realise it would be foolish to mix Directory and Location on the same resource, but the URIs resulting from those directives bore no relation to each other, there is no way that /admin-cgi/ can map to /admin/*
Oh, and you clearly don't want PCRE or any *Match directive.
I agree that the LocationMatch in question was ugly and silly, and I would not put it into production, but it should have worked, I think. At least, I await reason as to why it ought not to.

Thanks for your help
Lee