Re: "Require group" help required

Hi Nick,

On 21/02/2011 10:31, Nick Kew wrote:
Dear Apache Users,

I have been looking at a problem for so many hours now that I think it has made me blind.

The below configuration is intended to restrict access to /admin-cgi/ to members of the group "admin", which is defined in a plain text file, whilst users and passwords are in a DBM file.
[...]

    AuthGroupFile /Users/leegoddard/src/www/northfoto2/auth/northfoto_groups.db
1. What does the error log say?  Adjust LogLevel if necessary.
Nothing at all - as if no authorisation was in effect. With LogLevel debug, I see a lot of info about server threads, but nothing relevant to authorisation.

2. Is that a plain text file?
The group file is plain text.

3. What "Satisfy" directive is in effect?  Set a specific Satisfy All to be safe.
Yes, I did have that in, but took it out as ineffective. It's back now.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Lee