Problem configuring proxy (forbidden error locally)

We are trying to use the Apache (2.0.x) that comes with Redhat to reverse-proxy.

We have a pretty simple configuration.  Basically, we have just 1 <VirtualHost>, with a bunch of ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse directive-pairs, in <Location> sections, e.g.:

<Location /Foo>
ProxyPass http://test.host.com/Foo
ProxyPassReverse http://test.host.com/Foo
</Location>

However, when we try to browse to http://<proxy.host.com/Foo, we get a
403/Forbidden response.

We know from looking at the logs on test.host.com that nothing is hitting it, but we have also confirmed, by various tests that we've done, that we can connect and communicate with test.host.com from the proxy machine, so the 403 is coming from the Apache proxy itself (e.g., we can telnet to test.host.com from the proxy machine and do a "GET" manually, and get a response).

We normally build our own Apache binaries, and usually don't have a problem
setting up a proxy, so I was wondering if there is something about using the Apache from the RPM that needs to be configured "differently" to avoid getting this 403/Forbidden problem with proxy inside a VirtualHost?

Thanks,
Jim