Re: Re: Domain Registrant's Details

On 2/4/2011 10:56 PM, DW wrote:
> Mike Brown wrote:
>> AFAIK, no.  It is not possible.  If you didn't want your address known, then
>> you should have registered through a corporate entity.  But, even corporate
>> records are obtainable.  A POBox address?
>>
>> You want a domain name, you aren't going to be hidden.
>>
>> MB
>>

> Thanks Mike for your quick reply.  Is it easy to transfer the domain to my company?  Will
> the registrar ask many questions and corporate documentations?
>
> The reason I am asking this is somebody came to my place earlier today to ask about
> training courses.  I thought it should have been easier to browse the web and get the info
> and now I am concerned about this.

Yes, you can transfer it, as you are the registered entity and you are assigning
the ownership to your company.  Ask your registrar how.

An no, Mike, there are anonymysing services, just look up rowe-clan.net.  Godaddy
and others sell this stuff, it is great for keeping your mailbox clear of "urgent,
please renew today!" spam.