experiencing Out of memory errors

We have an Apache/mod_perl application running under Windows Server 2003
that periodically experiences
"Out of memory" errors (they appear in the Apache error logs) which
forces Apache to restart. Our application does, in fact, use a lot of
memory, and we believe that this is not due to a bug or memory leak.
What we would like is to run this application in a 64 bit environment, thus
allowing us to use more than the 2 GB memory that the Apache process ('httpd')
is limited to (the "Out of memory" errors always occur as the memory usage
of the httpd process approaches this 2 GB limit).

We know that we will need to run a 64 bit version of Windows on 64 bit
hardware to accomplish this. Furthermore, we know that ActiveState has a
binary Perl install of a 64 bit Perl. However, we're not aware of either a
64 bit Apache (though recently I found the blackdot site -
http://www.blackdot.be/ - that provides a Windows compatible binary build
of 64 bit apache, though I know very little about it) or a 64 bit mod_perl.
However, we're also not sure if either of these are needed to escape the
2 GB memory limitation. E.g., can 64 bit Perl be used with a 32 bit
Apache and/or mod_perl?

Any help with accomplishing what we need would be greatly appreciated,
including the possibility of hiring someone on a contract basis to
help us.

OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Perl: v 5.8.9 ActiveState build 826
Apache 2.2.11
mod_perl 2 (not sure of the exact version, but very recent)