Re: Apache 2.2.17 installer without internet connection

On 1/20/2011 3:50 PM, go1008@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I can't find a place to download an Apache 2.2.17 binary with OpenSSL
> without MSI installer. I will need to repeat the process many times and
> may use it on computers without Internet connection. Currently the
> download link - http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi, only has a MSI
> installer requiring an internet connection during installation. Is there
> a way to generate a full installer from the MSI installer?

Hmmm?  Most Windows administrators prefer the capability to automate the
deployment of .msi packages, every major institution uses this facility
to roll out their approved updates to 1000's of workstations and servers.
So your question; "generate a full installer" puzzles me, since Windows
ships a full installer framework and I have no clue what you seek to
replace.

There are ways to bypass the detection of WinSock, for example, or to
install it silently.  Some familiarity of .msi deployment models is
really expected of any competent windows developer or administrator.
If that includes you, you should be able to divine your desired
automation by reviewing the package's overridable values, documented
at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/platform/windows.html#advinst
Please feel free to post questions here about the effect of those
variables on the installer.

Of course, it's entirely possible for even the most novice user to simply
ask msiexec for an administrative install, which unbundles the individual
files from the .msi - how this unpacked bundle intersects with your
desire for a "full installer" is beyond my comprehension.