Re: Re: .pid goes missing

Quoting DW <xfsgpr@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Have you tried Write-Protecting the file so that it doesn't get destroyed by whatever malware is doing it? In windows it pretty job to protect the file. If you are using Linux or Unix then someone else can help you.

well I think the process id is certain to change each time apache restarts (currently at boot time) so if it is write protected it would be there all right but then wouldn't three be conflicts over rewriting itsvalue or erasing it?

Dave

Dave Stevens wrote:
Hi,

I'm using apache 2.2.3 under CentOS 5.5. I use virtualmin to monitor the server and recently a discrepancy has arisen between the reported and actual state of the httpd service. I think this is because the .pid file, which from the httpd.conf file is supposed to be in /etc/httpd/run folder, periodically goes missing. Just not there and I don't know why. I can not stop the service or restart apache except with a server reboot, not my favourite option although it does recreate the .pid file and synchronize the reporting. I don't know where to look. Ideas? References to appropriate docs?

TIA

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
  Krishnamurti