Re: Unresponsive apache webserver, memory issue

>How does your MPM config look like?
>Take a look at:
>http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PerformanceScalingUp

Thanks for these links Igor. After reading through the ScalingUp document it brought my attention to the fact that the RAM had been increased on this system but the swap partition had not been. The available RAM is more than twice the swap space. I am sure the system is crashing under heavy memory load because of this. It would be nice to know why the memory is spiking, and again thanks for the link to the perl script for monitoring server-status -- but I am pretty sure the problem is the amount of swap space available.

James