Re: Noobie Htaccess/ SSL authentication

Igor,

Thanks for the response.

My only issue with your response is that specifying the exact folder name
/secure isnt an option. Here's why

We allow users to create any directory name they want with the understanding
that if they name the folder ending with "login-only" that it will be a
protected folder

So Joe User comes along and wants a secure folder for his pages.

Www.mydomain.com/coolsubfolder/secretstuff-login-only/

Since he put "login-only" at the end we have httpd set up to force any user
to authenticate to our ldap.

Here is what our httpd.conf says
<Directory ~ "login-only">
   AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
   Options +ExecCGI  +Includes Indexes FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "LDAP Authentication"
   AuthBasicProvider ldap
   AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
 AuthLDAPBindDN "xxxxxx"
   AuthLDAPBindPassword "xxxxxxxxx"
   AuthLDAPURL "ldap://xxxxxx";
   require valid-user
</Directory>

At least this is my understanding. I didn't code any of this, just inherited
the issue.

Appreciate your time and help.

Thanks,
Tony