pass request body failed

Title: pass request body failed

Hi,

We use Apache 2.2.16 as a reverse proxy on both UNIX and Windows environment (by use of mod_proxy). In both environments, we have trouble when uploading big files (size 10 MB, upload time from client to proxy approx. 40 sec.) to the proxied backend application in Internet. We already figured out that the problem only occurs when the upload time from client to proxy is long enough (i.e. if we upload the same file from Intranet, it takes only 10 sec. and then it works properly) and when the file is big enough (for 1 MB files it works properly). Furthermore, if we bypass the proxy and upload the same file directly to the backend application, it works properly also.

The Apache error log tells us the following:

APR does not understand this error code: proxy: pass request body failed to 127.0.0.1:50000 (localhost)

This message is clearly understandable, my question now is, how can we analyze whats going wrong here?? Obviously, were facing some kind of miscommunication between the proxy and the backend application. Are there any timing/sizing parameters we can change?

Thanks in advance for your good ideas!

Elmar