how to remove index.jsp (index.htm, index.html) from URL

Hi
I know somes threads talk about this subject but I DIDn't see any solution in detail :(
My site is running on the server Debian with Apache2 + Tomcat 5.5 + jk mod 1.2.26
I connect to my site with domain www.xyz.com
it shows automatic on explorer www.xyz.com/index.jsp
how could I remove "index.jsp" ?
thanks  a lot
best regards
nguyen
Avertissement concernant la confidentialité
Le contenu de cet envoi, privilégié et confidentiel, ne s'adresse qu'au(x) destinataire(s) indiqué(s) ci-dessus. Il est interdit, par toute autre personne, de le divulguer, le communiquer ou le reproduire. Si vous avez reçu cet envoi par erreur, veuillez supprimer ce message y compris toute pièce jointe et en aviser l'expéditeur par courriel.

Warning concerning confidentiality
The content of this e-mail is privileged and confidential and intended solely for its designated recipient(s). Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, other than by its intended recipient, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by error, you should destroy this e-mail and its contents and kindly notify.