Mod_Proxy with Basic Authentication on Target

Hello All

We have an internal application that uses basic authentication (the browser prompts the user for login).   We need to make this publically available using Apache Reverse Proxies.

Does anyone know how to prompt and pass through the Basic Authentication?   When I try to access the page via the Apache Reverse Proxy I get a 500 error, instead of a login box

Thanks!
Todd Simons

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail message from Delphi Technology, Inc. is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail by accident, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail and all copies of it.