Re: (104)Connection reset by peer: core_output_filter: writing data to the network

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 07:23:49 -0400, Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 6:49 AM, Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know I am not the first to ask this question, but I really searched a lot
and got no solution.

I have a CGI application written in C++ running on my Apache 2.2.9 server, hosted on a Debian Lenny system. The application runs fine most of the time, only when I do a special download of a simple text file (in CSV format) the file is not downloaded and the above message appears in the error.log. Other
files in the same format download w/o problem.

The application itself seems to run fine too, internal tracing showed me the file in question is generated correctly. It only might be that the process takes one or two seconds longer than usual, because a lot of mysql queries have to be executed. But as told before, this works, only the file never is
downloaded.

Now I am at the end of my wits and would ask for hints how to track down this issue? I have full control of the server (actually the same problem happens when I run the application on localhost, which is a Gentoo system) and of the application source code, so I can build test versions with debug
statements embedded.

If the client is giving up on reading the data due to time, and
nothing else is wrong with the headers/body, try either sending the
data back periodically  or spawning another thread to trickle back
undisplayed data to keep the client interested in hanging around (like
the pages you see on travel sites).

I am not sure this is a timeout problem. When I watch the error.log via tail -f, the error message appears there immediatly when the download request is issued. So the sql queries don't take so long. Anyway, this problem is still unsolved :-(